Pennsylvania Professional Employment Network
Home - About PAPEN
Meeting Schedule & Locations
Typical Meeting Agenda
Recruiters & Hiring Managers
Job Search Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
More Sources of Help
PAPEN's Current Brochure
PAPEN Contact Info Form
First and foremost, understand that you're not going to build your network overnight.
Furthermore, even after you've begun building your network, it will take time before
your efforts begin to show results. Think of networking as a garden. After seeds
are planted, they must be tended, and not all will blossom. But networking offers
some very fertile soil and the promise of great returns, many realized through PAPEN.
Participating in PAPEN activities helps you to:
Before you can effectively network, you're going to need a few things:
- Gain information about a specific type of industry.
- Learn about companies who may need your product: your skills, abilities and experience.
- Become acquainted with individuals in companies of interest who may be able to help
- Secure face-to-face meetings with individuals who can help you in your job search.
Other aspects of an effective job search might include:
- A positive attitude
- A supply of personalized business cards
- A polished "two-minute drill"
PAPEN can provide you with pointers on getting everything you need to get organized
- A list of target industries, companies, decision makers, and other individuals
- An initial contact list
- A set of telephone scripts to solicit networking meetings
- An agenda for your face-to-face meetings
- A personal information management system to help you manage your campaign
- A supply of thank you cards
Copyright PAPEN 1999-2019, All Rights Reserved
PA Professional Employment Network